WHMCS is an essential tool for online business that enables seamless client management and automation.
How does one organize WHM packages for the Web Hosting Manager Complete Solution (WHMCS)? Resellers must integrate this all-in-one online support platform in ensuring products have the right resources and controls for cPanel packages.
Create the Package
- Log in to the WHM server as root user. It must be the server linked to the WHMCS where you plan to sell the shared hosting package.
- Proceed in adding the package.
- Choose the package name to identify within the automation system.
- Create the resource limitations.
Disk Quota (MB) refers to the limit the system administrator sets. The disk quota allocates the limited space equitably.
Monthly Bandwidth measures maximum data (normally in seconds) transferred within a given period.
Max File Transfer Protocol and Email accounts
Max Email lists
Max databases and sub-domains
Max parked and addon domains
Maximum hourly email according to domain relayed
Maximum percentage of delayed or failed messages domains may send for every hour.
You can specify the preferred package to obtain a dedicated IP, Shell Access (SSH), cPanel access (CGI), or Digest Authentication. It is possible to leave the Settings as default and make changes here.
You must create products in the WHMCS after coming up with the WebHost Manager package. Connect the two for reselling cPanel accounts with automated delivery.
- Log in as admin user to WHMCS.
- Go to setup>products/services>products/services.
Choose the Product Group Name like Shared Hosting.
Choose the Product Group Headline (Customer facing which must be specific to the group of products).
Fix the Product Group Tagline.
Identify the available Payment Gateways.
Choose the Order Form Template if you do not want system default.
You can hide the product group.
Save your changes.
Creating a New Product
- Look for the product type such as “Hosting Account.” This is allotted for the package’s shared product.
- Choose the new Product Group.
- Set the Product Name. Press Continue. Remember the product name does not have to be the same as the package name. However, it makes monitoring easier in the long-term.
Input the product description for customers to see. List the product features. For example, it could be a shared hosting package with 5 GB disk space and 100 GB bandwidth.
- Welcome email provides a drop-down of previous email templates.
- Require the domain means clients must own a domain for the package. Offer new customers domain registration. The box ensures they input a qualified domain name before proceeding.
- Set stock control only if you prefer to sell a certain number of said product.
- Choose this box if any taxes apply.
- Featured means it shows products conspicuously according to the order.
- Find out the benefits of hidden products or groups.
- Retried indicates the editing of old products.
- Pricing tabs
- Payment type refers to any of the three: Free product trial or testing, one-time billing, or recurring billing.
- Allowing multiple quantities enables clients to order more than one of any packages.
- Recurring cycles limit denotes zero is unlimited. It is the case for most hosting packages. Replace if you plan to reduce the number of cycles to keep the product.
- Auto termination of fixed term refers to zero being disabled. It may be utilised to automatically terminate an account after a specific period. However, avoid this step if possible because it can delete or destroy data of users. It seems practical to impose a permanent limit. Get in touch with the client before termination to save clients.
- Termination of emails needs configuration if you decide to use previous options.
The following three options concern billing date changes:
- Prorated billing for universal billing dates
- Prorated date refers to the day of the month for product billings
- Charge next month implies the cutoff dates for inclusion in the original invoice.
When you refer to module settings, presume the server already exists and functions if you cannot view the documentation in connecting your initial server.
- Module Name: Choose the cPanel from the drop-down menu.
- Server Group: Select the specific group for this product.
- WHM Package Name: Pick the correct package name that matches the product.
The custom field permits users to gather additional information from your customers. This includes probable interest in newsletters or how the client came to know about the provider. It is possible to include more custom fields (internal or public). Certain modules as well as addons require setting up of custom fields.
These must be set up for successful operation. Configurable options remain blank unless you generate the option. One example is the Liquid Web Plugin. It can implement configurations based on whatever is available through the Application Programming Interface (API).
For upgrade of packages, the box shows other products within the Web Hosting Manager Complete Solution. You may choose the client where you can upgrade from and what is the desired enhancement. For example, you want to upgrade from a plan with 5 GB disk space to 10 GB. You can choose the configurable option and set up the list of products. In the upgrade email, set an email in the Email Templates and indicate the recipients.
Indicate if you prefer a free domain for registration or one-time transfer. Another option is it remains free provided they keep the product. Free domain payment terms are applicable if you want to offer free registration of domains for corresponding terms. The Custom Affiliate payout includes the following:
- Default setup in the system
- Payment of percentage of referral
- Fixed amount earned for each product
- No commission means user tracks referrals but do not receive commissions
- Enter the amount paid to affiliate for product referral
- Allow use of specific subdomains
- Associated download files are made available to clients owning specific products
For the cPanel Reseller Module Settings, here are the following steps:
- Fix settings for hosting accounts of resellers. The Product Type setting is the Reseller Account.
- The fields from “Limit Reseller by Number” identify reseller settings so you can set resellers’ limits according to number or disk space.
- Reseller Access Control List (ACL) defines features in the WebHost Manager resellers can use. To prepare this list, proceed to Reseller Center. Activate the domain as reseller. Go to Edit Reseller Privileges and Nameservers page. Type a name before saving the features’ selections.
- Limit Reseller by Number denotes the maximum number of cPanel accounts the reseller can create.
- Limit Reseller by Usage means you can reduce the disk space and bandwidth resellers can assign to their clients.
- Reseller Disk Space is the disk space resellers share with their accounts.
- Reseller Bandwidth is the bandwidth resellers share with their accounts.
- Allow DS Overselling permits resellers to assign more disk space to accounts than what they own.
- Configure Nameservers refer to the option to provide resellers their own nameservers based on domain names instead of using your nameservers.
- Reseller Ownership does not require setting up of a package. However, you must define certain limitations for client accounts. This could be1MB of disk as well as bandwidth, so the client can change the account to a preferred package.
Other Essential Concerns
You can also add a prefix to the package. Add the username_ prefix to the package name once the account has been created on the server. This is useful with multiple servers, the same package name, but a different username.
The login to cPanel link in the client area is based on the server hostname if this is available. Otherwise, the IP address will be used. The usage of http and https login links depend on the status of the “Secure” checkbox in the server configuration.
WHMCS connects users and administrators. This facilitates fast and easy access to the control panels of all servers configured in your WHMCS installation. It supports the Single Sign-On allowing administration, as well as implements changes without re-authentication.
With the API Tokens for cPanel/WHM, it is possible to limit any actions of an API Token. In using the Configurable Package Addon, the “edit-account” permission must be enabled. For reseller products, the “Everything” permission must be enabled as the reseller API functions on a cPanel server need root access to function efficiently.
In terminating a cPanel/WHM account through the admin area, users are provided with an option labelled “Keep DNS Zone”. Choosing this option will terminate the account on the cPanel and WebHost Manager while maintaining the DNS Zone Record. You cannot recreate the account on the server when a DNS Zone already exists. It will just lead to an error. You must delete the DNS Zone to successfully create a new account.
Looking what to read next? Visit Reseller Hosting Guide – Part F: How to Install WHMCS.
- Proceed in adding the package.